Monday, January 11, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 8

Up at 0500, chow at 0530 in the classroom. But then we were released to the barracks until 0800. From 0800 to 1200 we cleaned our weapons and rotated through a 50 minute first aid class. Yeah, it was boring. Oh, another legal/LoW brief. The afternoon was similarly boring. It was the Navy medical afternoon so we had to wait in line to process through medical again and to take a quick cognitive test. (The purpose of the test is to provide a baseline in case we get a head injury while we are deployed.) Since I'm in first platoon I got out of there pretty fast. They gave me only one shot. Tetanus or something. Afterward I went back to the barracks and surfed the net and tried to take a nap.

Tomorrow is a full battle rattle day so I expect a long day at the range.

1 comment:

  1. You're looking buff. Very compelling blog.

    Best,

    Paul Fabel

    ReplyDelete