Monday, January 18, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 15

Most of C company had PT at 0530. I went to medical to get my smallpox and another anthrax shot. It only took about 10 minutes so I went back to the barracks and cleaned a bit. The rest of the day was classroom lectures. It was so slow. Army trains everything to the lowest common denominator. At the end of the day we got a transportation brief that outlined when we are leaving and what to expect in Kuwait. Looks like the Kuwait training is similar to what we are getting here, just shorter. And having to actually live out of a tent, sleep on the floor, and eat MRE's for three meals a day.

Still no news on my assignment in Afghanistan. I heard today that someone called over and they were as surprised as we are so they are scrambling to prepare for us. Which sucks. That means they're unlikely to have enough housing and I'll likely be doing busy work for a while. It's cold there too. I hope I don't have to live in a tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment