Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 12

The day started out pretty good. The best so far actually. We went to the Bastogne range to shoot heavy machine guns. There is not much to say other than it was damn cool. My favorite was the 50 cal. That is an impressive weapon. Then we went to another range and did a couple more live fire exercises. It's tough to run in full battle armor. The weather was beautiful also. Hot in fact with all the equipment on.

We got back around 1400 and I cleaned my rifle for a while. Then the day took a turn for the worse. The Navy Captain in charge wanted to speak with several of us at 1600. Turns we are being redirected to Afghanistan. Part of the present administration's surge effort there. Bummer. I don't know anything about the assignment. Because of the holiday weekend, I won't get my actual order mod until next Wednesday, the day before I ship out.

No comments:

Post a Comment