Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 17

Up at 0500 then off to breakfast. Got back and put on my full battle rattle for the final day! Here's a picture of Walter, me, Jason and Greg before we left for formation.



The exercise itself was a little fun. But it didn't last very long. I spent most of the morning waiting around for my group's turn. Before we even started the drill instructors gave me a card that said I'm going to be a casualty. That sucked. Apparently an IED blew off my jaw so I was messed up. I had to lay there and play lame until the med teams evacuated me to another vehicle. But I managed to get off most of a clip before the drill sergeants told me to play dead.

They had 'bag nasties' for lunch but I didn't eat. Bag nasties are sandwiches and a small bag with chips, a cookie, some kind of candy (skittles today), and condiments. However the nasties got here right when we were loading up for the exercise. So they sat out in the sun for a couple of hours before we could eat them. I was afraid of food poisoning.

We ordered pizza tonight. We spent the evening reorganizing and packing bags. The forecast tomorrow is for rain. I need to dig my rain gear out of my bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment