Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Camp Virginia Day 4

I'm still on a crazy sleep schedule where I wakeup at 2am. I decided to not fight it and just get back on schedule when I'm in Afghanistan.

Had one long brief today. It was interesting because it was country specific. So the Iraq and Afghan people were split up to get tailored briefs. That took all afternoon. This morning I slept from 8-11. Then I worked on my IBA a little trying to get it to fit better. Mine does not fit well. It's because they gave me a large (because of my height) but I don't have a large belly. So all the weight rests on my shoulders. I wish they had a medium-width long-height like my ACU's.

There is a much better selection of food at the DFAC here, but I'm not enjoying it as much. Last night several of us got upset stomachs. So I'd recommend being picky about what you eat here until you're sure your stomach can handle the local bacteria.

I haven't taken and new pictures lately, but here is a picture at the USO reception in SC with two of my drill sergeants. There were outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment