Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 10

Another long day at the range. Not much to report. Shot some sequences and spent the rest of the day waiting around. Btw, we always go to a different range so we are shooting difference sequences and difference weapons. Tomorrow is qual day for the M16. I don't expect to have any problems since I did the exact sequence today on a harder range and qualified. The only unknown is the lighting. I'll be in the first firing group and if the sun is low the shadows can make it difficult to see the targets. The range this morning was difficult because my lane was behind some trees. I haven't been to the range where we are going tomorrow but one the the drill sergeants implied it was a little easier.

We also had a cultural awareness brief at the end of the day. It was good since it focused on the middle east.

No comments:

Post a Comment