Friday, January 8, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 4

Spent most of the day out and about doing weapons training. I got a crick in my neck somehow from maneuvering in my battle armor. By the end of the day I was getting used to it. I was also getting pretty tired. Seems like I spend most of the time today standing in line waiting for my turn or waiting for others to finish. Lots of waiting around but they don't let us bring a book or phone or anything so we usually end up chatting or laughing about things going on around us.

The best part of the day was when we drove around ft jackson for a half hour or so in a HMWVV. I spent some time in the gunners seat. It was chilly, but very pretty. The vegetation here is a pine forest that reminds me a lot of MS, except the ground is composed of sand instead of red clay.

Wakeup tomorrow is 0430.

No comments:

Post a Comment