Friday, January 15, 2010

Ft. Jackson Day 11

M16 qualification day was uneventful. The range was a little bit nicer, but the same other than that. I almost shot a perfect score, 40, but I had a couple of weapons malfunctions at the end that ruined it. On the forth to last shot the bullet didn't get inserted fully into the chamber and jammed. So I ejected that round and hit the third to last target. But the the spring in the magazine was too weak to feed the final 2 rounds so I wasn't able to get those final two shots off. The last 5 shots are pretty easy too so I definitely would have gotten them. Oh well, it doesn't matter since 37 is still expert and I'm not even mandatory to qualify. But I would have liked to have had the bragging rights.

A lot of the Navy equipment here is crappy. I've had about 8 magazines with bad springs. They are just old and worn out. I mentioned it to the drill sergeants and they said the Navy is really bad about replacing defective equipment. He recommended that I make a note on the questionnaire at the end. My M16 is also near the end of its life - however its just a loaner since I'm not taking one into theater. Though it obviously still shoots straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment