Friday, February 19, 2010

Meetings Friday

I ate lunch at ISAF today with Walter. It's the first time I've seen him since Ft. Jackson. The DFAC at ISAF is way better than Eggers. Presumably because it is NATO. They had more international food. I had curry chicken over rice. And they had real bread. Not just toasted hot-dog buns. Several different kinds of breads. And butter. That made me happy - I love bread. I guess there is a good reason to have the Europeans around.

We had a crazy afternoon. Jeff came over to ISAF and we had meetings all afternoon. Lots of new people coming into country trying to come up to speed and biometrics is a hot topic. We came back for dinner, then had more meetings in the evening. It almost feels like we're just passing info around to the various generals about their staff. Telling them not just what we're doing, but what the other guy is doing. It's a great learning experience for me though because Jeff knows a lot (which is why everyone keeps asking him to brief) so I'm learning a lot by just sitting in the meetings.

No pictures from today, but here's a couple more from yesterday:



No comments:

Post a Comment