Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Empty Pond

Another busy day today. My supervisor was out all day so I had to represent the Biometrics team at 3 different functions. It turns out I know pretty much everything I need to run with the ball. So I guess their goal of having a 2 week overlap with your replacement when you leave theatre is reasonable. I'm not actually the replacement for my supervisor, there is an Air Force major that just arrived who is coming up to speed. As soon as he understands the operational issues for the project, I can start to devote more time getting into the weeds helping the afghans with their technical problems. I actually spent a good part of the day grilling the American contractors on the technical capabilities of their system.

We should be moving offices soon. Hopefully we'll move outside the main office conexs to an old afghan building that some other group is vacating. There is a little fish pond out front. It's empty, but every time I walk by it I wish it were alive. Maybe I'll have time to do something about it while I'm here.

Here's a picture from yesterday where the second IV attempt failed:

No comments:

Post a Comment