Monday, February 15, 2010

Improvements

I finally got computers a couple of days ago, and I got a connex room yesterday. That's why I havent been to the MWR computer's lately to blog. I'm not sure why the military net blocks this blog.

My room is faily small, I still don't know where I'm going to put all my stuff. My roommate is an airforce lieutenant that is 6 months into a one year deployment.

I subscribed to the $70/month internet service, which I still think is a ripoff since the company has a monopoly on the service.

Today is an afghan holiday. I think they are celebrating when the soviets left. I still haven't received any packages. Almost 2 weeks since they were sent from Austin. Today is a slow day because we didn't go anywhere, but most days go by quickly if I spend time out. Yesterday I didn't get back to my room until 2300. Most offices here have lots of free time. Some actually take official 2 hour lunch breaks and leave work early. CJ-2 stays pretty busy though. However I'm still coming up to speed on all the programs so it now easy finding areas where I can help out. Though it's much easier now that I have email access in the shop.


1 comment:

  1. Good to see you got your room finally. How are things going? Your Blog has been insightful to document your tour.

    ReplyDelete