Thursday, February 4, 2010

Camp Eggers Day 3

Still nothing to do here. Yesterday I volunteered to go on a short Convoy to Camp Phoenix. Someone had to go by the Air Force office there and they needed another body. Since I didn't have anything to do (or even a chair to sit in) I decided to tag along. It wasn't very far but it was neat to drive around Kabul a bit and use the convoy tactics were were taught. I was manning the Radio for my vehicle. We had lunch at Camp Phoenix. Their DFAC is much better than ours. Ours are just too small (like everything else at Eggers). I had to wait outside for dinner about 20 minutes to get into our DFAC.

Nothing has changed this morning. They still don't know what to do with me. They mentioned having me do contract work. After my initial shock I told them that I would consider that to be remissioning and I'd have to report it back up my OPCON chain of command with NAVCENT. After borrowing someones chair to sit in this morning I stared at the wall for about an hour then I decided to bail and came over to use the MWR computers. I ran into Greg and he said the exact same thing. After sitting around for an hour doing nothing he decided to goto the gym. I'll check out the gym this afternoon. They have some grappling and TKD classes I'll look in to.

No comments:

Post a Comment