Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday is a down day

The normal working hours are 8am-8pm every day except Friday, which is 1pm-8pm. Firday is the muslim holiday, like our Sunday. However, the boss of my directorate doesn't believe in down days so he still wants people in early on Friday. He's not here this week though - most people in the office seem happy about that.

It is snowing here. It's kind of pretty actually. I can't find my rain jacket though. It is stuck at the bottom of one of my seabags and I don't want to empty the seabag while I'm in this temprary tent.

They finally assigned me a job yesterday. It actually looks interesting. I'll be assisting the Afghan National Security Forces in building their biometric capabilities. For example, making sure every policeman is fingerprinted.

1 comment:

  1. You should talk to your boss about getting a cool sleeping bag like this one!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Star-Wars-Tauntaun-Sleeping-Bag-New-SEALED_W0QQitemZ320473670410QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9db8230a

    ReplyDelete