Sunday, March 21, 2010

The will to code

Nothings been going on the last few days. It's actually been nice. The afghans always have Friday off, and since they have Sunday off for new years, Saturday was an effective holiday as well. It seems like most of the coalition forces are on low battle rhythm as well because I haven't had any scheduled meetings. All the stuff I need to do I had to push off to next week when the afghans come back to work. So all said, its been nice and quite for the first time since I've arrived. I've been at the office, but other than responding to a handful of emails, I've haven't done much other than program. It's been nice to code again. I started work on a program to analyze some of the biometric data we have. I also played around with some stuff in java - dusting off the cobwebs. It's been several years since I spend much time in a java IDE.

Our new office still isn't ready. It's frustrating because we are waiting on the network lines to get connected. But CJ-6 (comms) doesn't seem to work as much as us. For example, they get to leave at 5 and they don't have to work on Sundays. That's messed up. I heard CJ-1 has a similarly lax schedule. It's frustrating that we don't all share the same core work hours. I feel the same way about the short airforce deployments. It just adds conflict. The involuntary mobilizations should all be the same length - probably 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment