Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Groundhog Day Again

They are playing groundhog day on the television again. It's a good movie, but I really hope they don't play it once a week.

I met with a group this morning working to get an Afghan National ID card stood up. It was at ISAF HQ so we ate lunch there. Real bread and cheese... yum. I had a little trouble getting out of the parking lot. The SUV we have is hard to put in reverse sometimes. You have to nudge it forward a bit and try again. Unfortunately I got into a tight spot and there was a toyota corola in my way. So I had to nudge it a bit to get the SUV in reverse. Whoops.

After that MAJ Perez and I went over to MOI for a bit. We stayed for an hour or so going over issues. The roads were crazy today. I got a little nervous at first because they closed the first road on my route. We took a different road around the closure. The police seemed all agitated about something. Maybe there was a VIP driving around. I heard it got worse later on. They found some unexploded ordinance near a major road and shut it down to clear it. Our group coming back from Camp Phoenix got stuck in that traffic for over 2 hours.

Not much else going on. The rest of the day involved mostly admin and paperwork issues.

Every now and then I have to take a cold shower because there's no hot water. Like last night. Tonight when I went in to shave, some guy was taking a shower. He was still in the shower after I shaved and took a good 6-8 minute shower. Then I came into the bathroom again several minutes later and he was still in the shower. So all told, at least 30 minutes that I'm sure of. Now we don't have a lot of water here, let alone hot water, so that guy is just an ass. Living here is measurably worse because of people like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment