Sunday, April 4, 2010

Grapes

Yesterday I walked down an alley that I use every day and for the first time I noticed its covered by a grape vine:



We convoyed out to KMTC today. We had lunch at Warehouse first. Their fillet and potatoes weren't that good today. But they had great bread and cheese as usual. They also had a couple of mostly-intact cooked pigs sitting out on a big platter. I suppose they were just for show, but the cooked smell emanating from their flesh was not appetizing.

We spend an hour or so at KMTC. We didn't bring an interpreter this time so it was slow going. Mostly I just hung around outside watching the afghan recruits and wondered what kind of life they came from before joining the Army.

We stopped my Camp Alamo for a while to check out their facilities for the people who are going to be staying out there for a week or so at a time. Although its an army run camp, its actually nice. The showers and restrooms look better than at Eggers. Berthing is in a shared tent, but it seems relatively quiet and peaceful. KMTC is surrounded by beautiful hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment