Monday, April 12, 2010

Anwar's Visit

More contracts work today. I'm finally starting to feel like I got a handle on the ~15 contracts that were turned over to me. I got my Contracting Officer Representative (COR) certification letter yesterday.

Normally I wouldn't be interested in doing contracts work but these are small contracts. An example might be leasing a vehicle. It's a small and simple contract, but it still takes maintenance because the finance process here is so cumbersome. The contracts I'm working on are not for Biometrics, but for another group of afghan police. The same group that I got weapons for a while back. They are really good guys so I don't mind helping them navigate the system here. In return they save more lives than anyone else I've met here.

The Airforce guys brought Anwar over to our office to visit today. I hadn't been to MOI in a couple of weeks. He was happy to see me - I got a big hug. I promised him I'd start coming over more to MOI when he found a technical person for me to train on their computer systems.

Here's a picture of Anwar enjoying our DFAC icecream:



Here's a picture I took the other day of a traditional Afghan meal someone had setup at the bazaar:

No comments:

Post a Comment