Thursday, April 1, 2010

Who's Laughing Now

Remember I was making fun of the Air Force guys for having to take remedial shooting training so they wouldn't be confined to base? Well, my directorate decided to sign me up as well, even though its not required. So I spent all evening in powerpoint hell going over basic riflemen skills.

However, the timing is actually fortuitous because I got my M16 today. I requested one from the Navy a couple of months ago because I keep going on missions where a long-gun is required. Normally I borrow someones but that's not a great solution. Now I finally have my own weapon. Getting my weapon was somewhat screwed up because the guy who had it at ISAF had to go home on emergency leave. Walter actually found it for me and the roommates dug around and found most of my stuff. There are a couple of things missing like a cleaning kit and a strap, but I can buy that at the PX.

Anyway, this marksmanship class will give me a chance to zero-it. There aren't many opportunities to go to a range here so I'm glad this came along.

The rest of the day involved biometrics program planning, and trying to fix some problems with the IED program. We inherited some serious contract problems that we are trying to fix. I'm having to do special contracts training to take over the tasks. That's some boring stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment