Thursday, December 31, 2009

NMPS Day 3

Done. Wednesday was our final day since they are on leave for the rest of the week. It was a busy day. Where busy includes a lot of standing in line of course. I managed to finish a novel that I started on the flight out here.

First thing in the morning we got fitted for our gas masks. I recommend showing up early for that if you can. It takes a while. Since I finished that early I was able to get my travel claim and most everything else finished early. I was with the first couple of people to goto supply to get my seabag of ACU's. With the seabag comes 9 tshirts and 9 pair of socks. So you don't actually need to bring anything besides underwear and one pair of civilian clothes. They recommend that we mail all our other uniforms and clothes home. You can claim the shipping costs on your travel claim they do there. So, my recommendation is to plan to bring one backpack of stuff to your next mob site and ship the rest home. Also, we got a Navy sweatshirt and sweatpants for cold-weather PT so don't bother to bring your own.

On Liberty until I show up at Ft Jackson on Sunday. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment