Monday, December 28, 2009

Travel to NMPS


Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the Austin Airport and they wouldn't let me check-in because my ticket had been refunded. Good thing I arrived a couple of hours early. After 45 minutes of phone calls to SATO and the NOSC, they told me I'm confirmed on the flight, I just needed to pay for it myself and get reimbursed. Easy enough, though they never explained why the ticket was refunded in the first place.

Landed in Gulfport around 1620. The passenger ramp that connects the plane to the terminal broke so we had to deplane using some stairs, then take some stairs up to the terminal. Never heard of that happening before.

There were five other people on the flight traveling to NMPS. All enlisted, I think, going to Afghanistan. The duty van picked us up about 1650 and we arrived at the NMPS base around 1715. Checked in at the Gateway Inn, building 314, and my room was across the street in building 313. The room is actually very nice. Single occupancy and there is free Wifi so I thought I'd start this blog.

Because of the holiday, they told us we have a modified schedule. They didn't tell us the schedule other than to start fasting at 1900 and reporting to medical at 0600. The only place to eat was subway. I managed to make it to the commissary before they closed at 1800 to get some juice and snacks, then got a sub for dinner.

Not much else to report. Watched MiB2 and ironed my uniform. I'm going to try and hit the rack early. Maybe I'll start on the JIAT training, that should put me to sleep.

Regards,
LT Beyer

P.S.

NMPS link: https://www.cnic.navy.mil/Gulfport/Service_Organizations/NMPS/index.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment