Tuesday, December 29, 2009

NMPS Day 2

Briefings all morning, Medical all afternoon. Briefings were things like Stress Management, Fleet and Family Support, Legal, etc. The Legal department is not effective. Don't wait until you get here to create or notarize a will or medical power of attorney.

Medical was more interesting. They are much more cautious here about going over your medical records and not sending you into theatre if there are problems. It took a long time to get everyone though. The good news is that for many of us they delayed the smallpox shot until our next duty station so it won't interfere with any liberty. Medical is the key issue here. That is about the only thing that would keep someone from deploying. I think a couple of people had to stick around because of high blood pressure or something.

I gave up on the JIAT training. I doesn't make much sense for me to take it. It must be for people deploying to joint headquarters. Instead I think my time would be better spent playing Dragon Age and exploring the deep roads of Orzammar.

P.S.
Its cold here - especially at 0700. I'm glad I brought the sweater that goes with my DCU and a pair of gloves.

P.P.S.
Also, we got a brief on the sins of sharing knowledge such as blogging and giving our enemies too much information. Clearly that briefer hasn't transitioned into the internet age. If you read the presentation and ignore the presenter, the take away is don't say anything that you wouldn't want an adversary to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment