Thursday, December 16, 2010

Farewell to Me

Tonight was our monthly hail and farewell. And it was my turn! I actually missed 90% of the ceremony because I unexpectedly got pulled into a meeting, along with my Director, with the Chief of Staff (CoS) for LTG Caldwell. The same guy I'm waiting on to sign my Letter of Release. I didn't bring that up tonight though. He would even think its funny if I don't have the general's brief finished. My boss has been out of town for the last few days so I've been up late working on briefings. I briefed MG Beare and BG Smith yesterday and I had a briefing due to my Director (an SES) two nights ago. Although I've been in powerpoint hell, I don't mind because the generals seem genuinely interested it learning about this stuff so I'm doing the best I can to simplify it.

Anyway, back to my farewell, they awarded me a Defense Meritorious Service Medal (DMSM), an Afghan Campaign Medal and a NATO service medal. The last two are automatic and the DMSM is the highest medal a Navy LT can get without participating in combat. It's not a rare medal, but its not guaranteed. If you do your job out here and don't complain, you'll get a DMSM.

Nothing much new to report around Eggers. They are digging a big hole to put sewage in. This used to be a nice rose garden. Now is a really big hole:



I think I'm in my last two weeks here. Nothing is certain though until the LOR is signed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the DMSM. I complained a lot and still got the same thing, lol. You'll be back in Kuwait to out-process before you know it. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete