Saturday, October 23, 2010

Time Keeps Dragging On

I've been back for a couple of weeks now. It was a difficult trip back. It took about 6 days. For some reason they were running fewer flights between Bagram and Kuwait so there was a backlog.

Many things changed while I was out. They started construction all over over Eggers stacking a third story of conexes on many structures. The DFAC lines are getting ridiculous. There have been no diet drinks on base for a while. Supposedly due to the problems in Pakistan. ISAF has Diet Coke though and Walter has been stashing them for me. I got a third roommate who doesn't want to move in until billeting puts a new bunk-bed in the room. However, our dorms have been closed during the day for construction so this hasn't yet happened.

It's been hard to get back into the battle rhythm. I have my redeployment orders which say I leave in about 2.5 months. I don't have a replacement scheduled though so they can extend me 14 additional days. We'll see.

Work is the same for the most part. Contract crap. Briefings. Optimistic planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment