Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waypoint Shindand

I'm in transit again. My goal is to get to Farah. I flew to Herat yesterday. It sucked. We took a loaded C130. It stopped in Bagram for about half an hour. It was hot, and the seats are incredibly uncomfortable when you are wearing 50 pounds of body armor, weapons and ammo. When i got to Herat I had to wait at the airport for about 5 hours to get a convoy to Camp Stone. Stone was alright. I meet with the Paladin guys there about one of my programs. Today I took a Super Huey to Shindand. I'm hoping to take another helo ride down to Farah soon.

Shindand is an interesting base out in the middle of nowhere. I looks to be an old russian airbase. I assume we took it over because of the runway. They don't serve a hot lunch - they leave out MRE's and boxes of snacks. They have lots of MWR computers though - more than Eggers.

That's about it. I'll upload some pictures when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment