Sunday, August 22, 2010

Turnover

Nothing going on worth posting about. Same old tasks. Lots of contract problems. Maybe the leadership in my directorate will start to help out because I'm not the only one having issues with the Eggers Finance office.

No word from the engineers on the building I'm trying to construct. They said contracting is taking about 3 months to issue a contract right now because there is a backlog. This can be a nightmare for our quest to spend a billion dollars a month. It's hard to make a deal with an afghan then say it's going to take three months before they can actually start the work, and another two months after they finish that before I can pay them.

Over the past week nearly everyone on my team has gone home. The one remaining initial airforce guy leaves in a couple of weeks. So far, their replacements are doing very well. The new airforce LT COL in charge of my group is a great guy and a good leader. I was apprehensive about switching from Navy being in charge to the airforce - but I've been pleasantly surprised. We are much busier now. The new SES in charge if the directorate has added several additional tasks to the group. BTW, the new SES in charge of intel is very squared away - he's a retired Marine Colonel. So all in all, I'm happy with the current crop of Individual Augmentees. Though I do miss my friends that have left, Jeff, Mark and Jim. I've crossed the paths here of some very interesting and capable people.

No comments:

Post a Comment