Saturday, June 19, 2010

What to do on your Birthday?

The short answer is nothing special. However, today I happened to need to fly out to Bagram, the worst base in the U.S. inventory. At least we got to take a STOL flight instead of a C-130. However, the flight was only 8 minutes so it didn't really matter. I threw all my gear in my tent and went to lunch. I'm over by the DFIP which is owned by JTF-435. The internet connection here is pretty fast - the fastest I've experienced in country. And the room is packed with soldiers and sailors on computers. Interestingly, I've not seen any Air Force guys in JTF-435. Maybe Admiral Harward doesn't accept 6-month deployments.

I don't have much todo today since my meeting isn't until tomorrow. I think I might just sit around and do nothing. Maybe read or take a nap.

Thank you for everyone who wished me happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment