Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bagram

Ok, I'll admit that this time around Bagram wasn't so bad. The Parwan complex by the DFIP is actually a nice tent city. And they have a boat, sort of:



The tents were relatively new and clean. The bunks used actual mattresses.



At first I was a little unnerved by the close proximity of our camp to a mine field. However, the afghans performing cleaning operations out there didn't seem too concerned. Maybe the field was thought to be clean and they were just verifying that. There are tons of minefields around Bagram though.



Most importantly though, it was quiet over there at night. Sure there were explosions and gunshots in the distance, but that doesn't bother me. The other times I've been at Bagram there were constant vehicle noises and beeping noises and plane noises. Also, there are people everywhere on the main part of Bagram. Each evening I read outside. The first night a bunny came and sat by me for a while. The second night a big lizard crawled over my foot and a field mouse came a sat by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment