Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kandahar Airfield

I well down the Kandahar yesterday. I stayed at the airfield so I didn't get the chance to see any of the city. I went to a few briefings though. There is definitely a war going on down there. A-10's and other fighters are constantly coming and going on combat missions. And there are many other kinetic missions going on. Very different from the Capital region were we are focused on building government institutions. I went down there to visit the Jeff lab:



The base more spread out than most - more like Bagram.



Except this place is flat:



The one thing Kandahar Airfield is famous for is its "poo pond" and the odoriferous emanation it exudes:



Here's a picture of an ANA guy with his kids riding in the back of the truck. They looked like they were having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment