Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Puppy

Today I went over to MOI to take delivery of a ton of furniture for the police. It was somewhat funny because we bought them way more furniture than they were expecting. The delivery trucks just kept coming. We were there all day.



I helped unload. After a while I embarrassed the afghan offices and they yelled at their enlisted to come help. In their full gear. That was funny to watch. The afghans officers don't do any manual labor. The enlisted mostly disappear when the see the trucks come in and the officers kept having to chase them down. So much for reports that afghans are hard workers. They mostly seem amazed to see me working. I don't know if it's because I'm American or if it's because I'm an officer. It was a good day though. Better than sitting around in the office doing computer work.



They had a couple of new recruits. They were testing their endurance by making them run laps with a vest on. Afghans don't believe in pt-gear - they do most things in their man-jams.



When I got back to the shop there was a dog in the secure facility. The NGA people said it followed them all the way back from their mentoring mission. I wonder how long he'll stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment