Sunday, May 2, 2010

Standing in Line

There is not much nice about Eggers. It's crowded everywhere. There's not enough berthing. Chow is greasy. It's hard to find a free treadmill at the gym. There's an ever present sewage smell. You get the idea.

But there are a couple of things I enjoy. Every morning when I walk to work I see the snow capped mountain peaks in the distance. I always enjoy that sight:



The only flowers I ever see the afghans planting are roses. So it's actually very very nice to see rose bushes everywhere:



Lastly, I was standing in line at the DFAC and realized I actually enjoyed the wait. It's not uncommon to wait 20-30 minutes in line, depending on what they are serving (pizza night is the most popular). But it's never bothered me to stand there in line and zone out for a little while. Strange. In the states I hated to wait on food.

No comments:

Post a Comment